You are here: Home \ Challenges \ High injury rates at construction sites in Malaysia \ Introduction
High injury rates at construction sites in Malaysia
- No sub problems added
Type-ahead search field here...
Advanced faceted search...
List all concepts alphabetically here (everything from issues, facts, data sets, solutions, actions, criterias etc). Use faceted search to filter, sort and group items.
Interactive map mindmap like diagram here where users can browse the entire problem space using relations such as those between object, stakeholders, variables ... and anything else.
National challenge created by AZNUR HAJAR Tuesday, August 18, 2015
This has been a school project at the Multimedia University, Malaysia.
- from the government perceptive and angle
- from the construction side perceptive and angle
The fatality rate and injury rate of construction industry has increased from 164 in year 2013 to 172 in year 2014. This statistic is only included the investigated cases.
Now a days, the constrcution workers injured quite often in the site which indicates the safety hazard in the working environment. Once in awhile we can read from the news that how many people are injured or even died when the construction is ongoing. So the problem here is the unsafe environment for any party that involved. The critical element here is the potentiallity to cause serious fatality when the problem happens. The developer and contractor should be providing a safe working environment. So it is important to identify and investigate the problem to prevent lost of life. (CHAN YIH CONG)
How can we reduce injury rates at construction sites?
Where to go from here
Koios has been developed to kick-start your journey towards collaboratively solving complex social challenges.
Before you start
- If you are not already familiar with Koios you should browse through the about-pages in the top menu just to get an overview of Koios and what it is all about.
- Read through the challenge content before requesting to join the challenge space team so that you are sure that the challenge is actually something you want to dedicate time to.
- Be prepared that solving complex challenges takes a lot of time and effort.
Important information on posting content
- Koios.org is designed to be used by anyone including the young, old and those without an academic degree. When writing text do not use academic or expert jargon.
- Most people do not like to read long passages online. Be concise, to the point and structure content in hierarchies when possible. Add a summary at the top.
- There might already be a ton of research on the problem you are working on. Your job is to collect and present summaries of the findings in a structured way and link to the original resource.
- When you get to a certain amount of content added for the challenge, begin to focus on quality by editing and removing poorly supported statements etc.
If you don't really have time to research and analyse this challenge you can still help out.
Here's small things you can do right now:Not implemented