You are here: Home \ Challenges \ Negativity toward sex education in schools in Malaysia \ Introduction
Negativity toward sex education in schools in Malaysia
- No sub problems added
Type-ahead search field here...
Advanced faceted search...
List all concepts alphabetically here (everything from issues, facts, data sets, solutions, actions, criterias etc). Use faceted search to filter, sort and group items.
Interactive map mindmap like diagram here where users can browse the entire problem space using relations such as those between object, stakeholders, variables ... and anything else.
National challenge created by AZNUR HAJAR Monday, August 17, 2015
This has been a school project at the Multimedia University, Malaysia.
The problem relies heavily on the parents and the society especially the culture and religous leader to understand sexual education and matters related to it. This includes current situation of youth, the increasing social problems and the need for the reliable information to be passed on to the younger generation. It is mainly for the government to not only focus on ensuring the curriculum is being implemented in school but also to assist parents and society with the correct information so they can support the continuous learning wherever the child may go.
Sex Education in school to create a awareness among school students about sex. However the reality is, there has a mix views from some parents about the implementation Sex Education in school. Therefore, the lack of acceptance of some parents about the implementation Sex Education in school makes this new module is difficult to carry out.
1. What is the parents perspective regarding this matter?
2. How would they perceive the knowledge of sexuality among their children?
3. Is it important to educate the parents first rather than implementing the curriculum in schools?
4. To what extend the government able to have positive impact from the curriculum implemented in schools?
5. What is the plan regarding sexual education in 10 years to come?
Where to go from here
Koios has been developed to kick-start your journey towards collaboratively solving complex social challenges.
Before you start
- If you are not already familiar with Koios you should browse through the about-pages in the top menu just to get an overview of Koios and what it is all about.
- Read through the challenge content before requesting to join the challenge space team so that you are sure that the challenge is actually something you want to dedicate time to.
- Be prepared that solving complex challenges takes a lot of time and effort.
Important information on posting content
- Koios.org is designed to be used by anyone including the young, old and those without an academic degree. When writing text do not use academic or expert jargon.
- Most people do not like to read long passages online. Be concise, to the point and structure content in hierarchies when possible. Add a summary at the top.
- There might already be a ton of research on the problem you are working on. Your job is to collect and present summaries of the findings in a structured way and link to the original resource.
- When you get to a certain amount of content added for the challenge, begin to focus on quality by editing and removing poorly supported statements etc.
If you don't really have time to research and analyse this challenge you can still help out.
Here's small things you can do right now:Not implemented