These Guidelines are here to help Koios.org grow in to a meaningful and healthy
We encourage strong participation and user interaction. Basically you are free to
do whatever you like on the site. However there are some actions that we have decided
are not in line with the goals of this project.
What's forbidden to do on Koios.org
- Use it for commercial purposes, for promoting or for advertising. This includes:
- Creating content with the aim of increasing traffic to a site.
- Creating multiple or duplicate content with the aim of increasing visiblity of content
or a link.
- Adding contact info and website addresses in comments etc. with the aim of increasing
traffic to a site.
- Adding HTML code such as <font size="5"> etc. with the aim of increasing
- Add content that encourage unhealthy/addictive substances or behaviour such as alcohol
usage, smoking and gambling.
- Harass, abuse, impersonate, or intimidate others.
- Add junk or spam content (What
qualifies as spam?)
- Add content that violates copyright rules.
- Add content about how to make money.
- Deliberately and systematically add faulty, illogic, erroneous, misleading content.
- Misuse of the system with the aim of generating points.
- Use the system for religious or political propaganda.
- Add content and tags in languages other than the ones supported by the system.
- Add gossip and rumor.
Users who do not follow these guidelines may be suspended from the service at any
time without notice. Any data added by such users might be deleted without notice.
All content should be written in English. This is because of our relational data
model. For relations to make sense for the user, related information objects need
to be in a language he or she understands. A standard language also helps more people
to participate in review and moderation of content.
Here are some allowed activities that may be controversial. These may be subject
- You are welcome to delete comments that are no longer relevant.
For example if a piece of content has a comment saying the content should mention
x, then the comment can be deleted once the main content is altered to contain x.
Deleting comments that are no longer relevant is encouraged to reduce information
overload. This has priority over commenting history.
We on Koios have an ethical code we live by. Without these basic agreed upon principles
collaboration can become very difficult.
Before using Koios you should make sure you agree with these ethical and moral principles.
- Democracy and human rights.
- Honesty and objectiveness.
- Analytical and scientific integrity.